Friday, July 24, 2009

Sweden's Water Fairy of the Year


I feel sure my readers will want to know all about the Swedish competition for Water Fairy of the Year, which was recently won by a naked saxophone player. I noticed, however, that the Swedish TV clip about the event merely interviewed some people and showed the contestants (well, the latter was worthwhile) but failed to include any of the music played. Does this mean that the sax player won for the beauty of his floral garlands rather than for the tempting sound of his music?

4 comments:

  1. Gee! And I didn't even get a chance to compete. Nice garlands, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you could compete next year. Perhaps you and Dirk could both compete, since he goes to that part of the world every summer! (Perhaps all of my friends could compete. Let's do a sign-up sheet now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! The Swedish are trying to destroy the sanctity of marriage and our God-fearing American way of life With their unholy Water Fairy of the Year competition! They continue to assail us with their Nobel Prizes, godless meatballs and incomprehensible Ikea furniture assembly instructions!

    And ABBA. Don't get me started about ABBA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Godless meatballs perform an important social function! But don't get me started about ABBA either.

    ReplyDelete